Door Access Request Process
Please be aware that new access requests may take up to 5–7 business days to be programmed. Once you submit a door access request, here is what to expect next:
- Your request will be reviewed by the Door Access team.
- If you are requesting access for yourself, your supervisor will be asked to verify and authorize your request.
- If you are the recipient's supervisor, your initial request will serve as your access approval.
- All requests for access to high-risk locations will be directed to the appropriate individuals for approval.
- If your request is for a registered visitor, Door Access will verify with Human Resources that a successful background check is complete.
- Upon completion of the step above, a Door Access technician will program the requested access on your Talon Card (KSU ID) or fabricate a new hard key. Please note that some doors may require the technician to program your access at the door.
- After electronic access has been granted, or the physical key has been fabricated, you will receive a confirmation email from Door Access acknowledging completion of your request.